“I wish I had know about that before I made my decision.” Have you looked back and said this to yourself? Below are a list of questions to ask when you are interviewing your next moving company.
- Is there a charge for packing up my belongings?
- Do you provide boxes? Is there an additional cost and will you deliver them to my home?
- Will it cost me extra for you deliver some items to a rented storage unit?
- If my belongings are damaged, can we make a claim?
- Do you provide moving insurance? Cost?
- Will moving insurance cover items I pack myself?
- Can I purchase additional insurance? Cost?
- If my Homeowner’s policy covers any of my move, which insurance would pay first?
Items Outside the Norm
- Are you able to ship a car(s)? How are they shipped?
- What is the additional charge for shipping a car, or a lawn tractor, etc?
- What can’t be shipped?
- Is there an additional charge for using a shuttle truck?
- Will the house be packed in one day or two? Will we have access to beds/basic for our use?
- What would our move schedule look like?
- Which day will we be packed out? how long?
- Which day will the van be loaded?
- Which day does the van get to our new home?
- If our new home isn’t ready, is there an additional charge to place our belonging in storage? do we get any days free?
- What is the extra charge per day/week if we can’t take delivery right away?
Moving Contract Terms
- Will there be additional fees charged that we haven’t discussed?
- Do you required a down payment?
- When is the balance of the payment due? Timeframe?
- Who can accept my payment?
If you are a homeowner with Fairfax homes for sale ask me for a moving service company referral(s).